Up next


What is the Agnipath Scheme & Why are People Protesting? | ISH News

33,862 Views
zlidein247
0
Published on 19 Jun 2022 / In People & Blogs

The Indian Army, Navy & Air Force is amongst the world’s most powerful armies. Now with the addition of a new scheme called the “Agnipath” scheme, the Indian government believes that the Army in India will reach new milestones. However not all military aspirants are happy about this new scheme as they can be seen protesting against the same on a massive scale. Today in this video we’ll learn what the Agnipath scheme is and why some Army aspirants in the country are protesting against it.

Earlier there used to be a lot of ways to join the army. Now the government introduced the Agnipath scheme for recruiting soldiers below the officer rank. Under this scheme, youths between the ages of 17 and a half and 23 years will be taken into the three services of the Army, The Navy & The Airforce. Around 45,000 to 50,000 soldiers will be recruited annually. They will have to work for 4 years. In the first year of employment the salary would be ₹30,000. Subsequently, the monthly salary in the second, third and fourth year will be ₹33,000, ₹36,500 and ₹40,000 respectively. At the end of the 4th year, each individual will get an amount of ₹11.71 lakh as the 'Seva Nidhi Package' and it will be relieved from the income tax. After completion of their four-year service, 25% of the total recruits will be retained for regular service, based on requirements and policies of the armed forces at that point of time and the other 75% can return back to their normal civilian lifestyle. However, this new “Agnipath” policy of the Indian government has made various defense aspirants unhappy as a large number of them can be seen protesting around the country.
They are protesting against the Agnipath scheme as they are unhappy with the changes, particularly the length of service, no pension provisions, no government job benefits for those who’ll be released early, and the 17.5 to 21-year age restriction. However, the age has now been raised from 21 to 23 years. A number of opposition political parties and military experts have also slammed the scheme saying it will adversely impact the functioning of the armed forces. Still, The unhappy protestors are demanding the Indian government to take back this recruitment practice, and stick to the older methods. With a massive protest against the latest Agnipath scheme, The East Central Railway zone, headquartered in Hajipur, reported massive disturbance of rail traffic. Also a passenger train was burnt by the angry protestors in Chapra station of Bihar by those who are protesting against the newly launched Agnipath scheme. Busy routes like Patna-Gaya Barauni-Katihar and Danapur-Deen Dayal Upadhyaya were listed among those worst affected by the ongoing protest. What do you think about the newly sanctioned “Agnipath” scheme by the Indian government? Do mention your thoughts in the comment section below.

Follow us for all the latest News & Entertainment and to keep up-to date on all the happenings at ISH News:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ISHNews/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ishnews_tv
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ishnews/
Official Site: http://www.ishnews.tv/

Thanks for watching!! Favourites, Likes, Feedbacks & Shares are always appreciated.

Show more
0 Comments sort Sort By

Up next